* 5 Ways to Smell the Roses *
When life gets too crazy to enjoy the little things:
- Just stop. I swear, just stop everything you’re doing and like, chill out for a sec (hi, Jamie Lee Curtis). Honestly, some of (all of) my stress is contributed to attempting to do wayyy too many things at once. Just stop *all* of the things you’re doing and allow yourself to focus on one thing at a time.
- Breathe. No seriously. Just stop whatever you’re doing (read number one) and breathe. Try breathing in through your nose and out through your mouth and closing your eyes. You breathe almost every second of the day, but right now breathe with purpose.
- Talk. Just talk it out. Whatever’s going on. Give your mom/grandma a call, you probably don’t call her enough anyways, and tell her what’s going on in your life. You’ll feel a zillion times better after you let off some steam and then you can appreciate the little things.
- Shower? Okay, it’s not an insult, but a little hot water and soap never hurt anyone? Haven’t you ever heard that people make their best decisions in the shower? Maybe you don’t need to talk to anyone but yourself and maybe the only steam you need to let out is from the piping hot water in the shower. Either way, spend some time with your own thoughts and focus on stopping to smell the roses.
- Eat something. I don’t know. Maybe it’s just me but when I get stressed out and can’t focus on what’s important, I eat something sweet or salty and the whole situation gets (slightly) better.
Hope those roses smell great. xxoo.