Shine like $$$ for $
I’m going to pretend that none of you live under a rock and have all seen, heard about, or even purchased one of your very own pieces of Kylie Cosmetics.
We’ve all seen the videos of our favorite stars doing their own “Kylie Jenner Lipkit Review” like Carli Bybel and Jeffery Starr. And that’s all well and good, but what if I’m more interested in a glossy finish compared to the matte?
What really annoys me is that hardly anyone has ever thought to review her glosses or give any list of dupes for the $15 tube!
For you (and myself) – I did
a little a lot of research and finally purchased the $15 Literally Gloss and a similar colored $6 Forever Nude Aqua gloss from BH Cosmetics and here’s what I found:
- Price: $15 (plus your newborn child in shipping fees)
- Amount: 0.09 fl oz./oz. liq / 2.60ml
- Description: an “ultra-pigmented, lustrous gloss” that has a luminous and voluminous effect“
- Ingredients: [featured in the description] “blend of vitamin E & highly emollient ingredients” and “natural lip enhancers”
- Full List: unable to access full list of ingredients.
- Price: originally $10, but on sale for $6
- Amount: 4.5 mL / 0.15 fl oz
- Description: The “ultimate multitasking lip gloss that naturally hydrates and nourishes“
- Ingredients: “Kalperiane TM(Brown Algae), plus jojoba and vitamin E oils” [featured in description]
- Full List: Polybutene, Octyldodecanol, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil , Candelilla Cera/Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax/Cire de candelilla, Cera Carnauba/Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax/Cire de carnauba, Vanillin, Alaria Esculenta Extract, Jojoba Esters, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ethylhexylglycerin, Trihydroxystearin, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain/Peut Contenir [+/-: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Red 27 Lake (CI 45410), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850)] <41048>
(Swatched left: BH Cosmetic’s Forever Nude Aqua Gloss in Praline.)
(Swatched right: Kylie Cosmetic’s Literally Gloss.)
Glossy Finish: Though Kylie‘s description promises a shinier gloss, the finish of the two glosses was almost exactly the same.
Price-point: Get the $6 lip gloss unless you
will just die without just want the Kylie logo.
Amount: I’m not a rocket scientist, but I think you’re just paying for the cost of the packaging with Kylie’s Gloss. There is more product of BH Cosmetic‘s gloss in a smaller tube.
Wearability: Both glosses had extreme longevity. I wore each gloss on either side of my lips starting in the morning at 9AM and progressively checked on each throughout the day while going about my normal routine. I noticed that the glossiniess of the Kylie side became slightly annoying whereas the sheerness gloss of the Aqua Gloss was never bothersome.
(Again, BH Cosmetic’s is on the left and Kylie’s is on the right.)
Ingredients: For someone like myself (someone with a TON of allergies), I really appreciated BH Cosmetic‘s transparency with posting their formula online so that consumers know exactly what they’re putting on their face.
Also, WHAT THE HECK ARE “highly emollient ingredients” AND “natural lip enhancers“ ????? And WHY WHY WHY can’t I find a full list of your ingredients @kyliejenner? Do your products contain Almond Oil, an ingredient which could give me a severe allergic reaction? Do your products contain something other consumers and I should be concerned about?
Unless you have a spare $23.95 lying around ($15 gloss + $8.95 shipping), you really don’t need to get the Kylie Jenner lip gloss.
But because I already have it (thanks summer job but rip to my bank account), I will be wearing the Literally Lip-gloss when I go out on the town with my gal pals at night and will keep the Praline Gloss with me at all times, so I’m always prepared to shine like a diamond.
All in all, save your cash.